Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Home made container gardening with crazy yields

OK. So there are these things called EarthBoxes. They're brilliant. My buddy Tim turned me on to them. I'd been doing tomatoes in pots (echos of my apartment-living days in NYC). Once I switched to these babies, I was AMAZED at the yields. I'm talking 12' high heirloom plants, grown organically. Crazy yields.

Downside - they're expensive.

So I started making my own.

Another day - I'll show you how to make the big 20 gallon tubs that I use a lot for bigger plants (cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers).

But here is how to make the little ones I use for herbs.


3 comments:

  1. I was looking for your directions for the Earth Boxes but didn't see them. Did I miss it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Video uploading issues. Then I got really busy with work. SOOOOOO sorry. Posting the video to youtube right now and will include the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kkaye - did you ever find and try to make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete